Dryer Starts Blaze in Robert De Niro's NYC Apartment

In 2012, Oscar-winning actor Robert De Niro made headlines when his NYC apartment caught fire. The fire originated in a clothes dryer when dryer lint ignited. The flames spread across the fifth floor, also damaging the floors directly above and below. Thankfully, no one was injured in the blaze.

There are approximately 15,500 dryer fires every year, and dryer lint is the most common source of ignition. Proper clothes dryer maintenance, including annual dryer vent cleaning, is important to help ensure dryer runs safely and efficiently. Clean, properly installed dryer vents reduce fire risk and improve efficiency, leading to energy savings and longer dryer life.

Dryer Vent Wizard of Suffolk County provides dryer vent inspection, cleaning, installation, and repair services for Suffolk County residential and commercial properties. Call today to schedule your annual dryer vent cleaning!

http://www.dryerventwizard.com/blog/2012/06/robert-de-niro-feels-heat-dryer-fire

Approved HomeAdvisor Pro - Dryer Vent Wizard of Suffolk County
Angie's List Badge